Skip to main content

The Simple Woman's Daybook


The Simple Woman's Daybook
For Today (November 30, 2010)

Outside my window... Sunny and chilly 54 degrees

I am thinking... is it really already December tomorrow? The year has just flown by!

I am thankful for... our friends here in Monterey. I had a great time with them on Thanksgiving and hanging out with the Griffins on Saturday playing Guitar Hero, Nertz, and Taboo.

From the kitchen... Triple Chocolate Pumpkin Pie. We had extra batter from Thanksgiving and I finally baked the rest last night. Yummmm!

I am wearing... purple top and comfy pants

I am going... nowhere. Just hanging out with my boy at home :)

I am reading... for leisure: none; The Daily Devotional Bible---currently at 1 Samuel and last two chapters of Luke

I am hoping... the maintenance shows up soon to fix our washer drain. Water leaks every where when we washed our laundry and this had happened before. I was told last time that they just need to "snake" something through the drain pipes once in a while to clean them.

I am hearing... Christmas music softly playing.

Around the house... Wii games that Nathaniel just through all over the living room.

One of my favorite things... our Christmas ornaments. We only have maybe 15 ornaments but each have their own special meaning. Considering we have only been married for 2.5 years (and some ornaments are from our dating years) and a family for almost a year of that, I say we're doing pretty well. I hope to have a nice, big "collection" like my mother-in-law's where you can barely see the tree!

Inspired by the church song... this is one of the church songs that I have difficulty hearing/singing without tearing up since we became a military family. Every few weeks, I would ask my husband not to be a hero when the time to deploy comes. And I know that even though he tells me he wont, deep inside he is thinking about the message of this song...

"Oh, Jesus if I die upon a foreign field some day
'Twould be no more than love demands, no less could I repay
'No greater love hath mortal man than for a friend to die'
These are the words He gently spoke to me,
"If just a cup of water I place within your hand
Then just a cup of water is a all that I demand'
But if by death to living they can Thy glory see,
I'll take my cross and follow close to Thee"

A few plans for the rest of the week...
  • Family photo-shoot this weekend

Here is a picture I am sharing... Nathaniel only naps in his bouncer while snugly wrapped in a blanket.



The Paper Mama     Sweet Shot Day  
and then, she {snapped}   

Comments

  1. I know! This month has flown by, and now the year is almost over, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have captured a most wonderful moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your photo...it's so simple, but it captures the essence of a little one perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so sweet. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...what a lovely, peaceful moment! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this photo, and the editing on it. (It is edited, right?) THanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this website.
    It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's tough to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and visual appearance.
    I must say that you've done a superb job with this.

    Also, the blog loads super fast for me on Firefox. Outstanding Blog!



    My web blog blade knives

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Have a blessed day!